2015 Tri-the-Illini Registration is Now Open!
September 20th at 8am
Individual - $50
Collegiate - $40
Relay Team - $75
$10 price increase on 9/13/2015 at 11:59 PM
The race will begin with a 300 meter swim in the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC) followed by a 14.5 mile bike and 5k (3.1 mile) run through Champaign-Urbana. Further details about the course (including maps) are available below. The ARC is located at 201 East Peabody Dr. Champaign, IL 61820.
Packet Pick Up:
Packet pick up will be at Body and Sole, located at 1317 N Dunlap St Savoy, IL 61874. Time and date TBA. There will also be race-day packet pick-up from 6-7:15 am. A Photo ID will be required as well as a USAT card for all USAT members. A temporary USAT card can be acquired at usatriathlon.org. Packets will include bib numbers from RoadID and Greenlayer T-shirts. To be guaranteed a shirt, complete your registration by at least one month in advance. Unfortunately, T-shirt sizes can not be switched out on race morning.
Race Morning Check In:
Morning check in will be located in ARC Gym 3. If racers do not pick up their packet the day before, they are required to pick up their packet during check-in. Check-in and packet pick up will be open between 6:00 and 7:15.
All standard USAT rules must be followed. Three rules are particularly important to remember:
- All racers are required to have a helmet for the bike portion of the race
- All racers must have their helmets on and buckled before mounting their bikes
- For safety reasons, headphones/music are not allowed during the race
Tri-the-Illini is a USAT sanctioned sprint triathlon held by the Illinois Triathlon Team. With entry, participants must use their USAT number to register, or buy a $12 one day membership. To become a USAT member please make an account and register at http://www.usatriathlon.org. Collegiate racers are also required to know their MECTC number.
The award ceremony will be held shortly after the race, while racers enjoy post race food. Awards will be given to the top 3 relays, the top 3 male and female collegiate racers, the top 3 in every age group, and the top 3 overall male and female participants.
Participants will be split into the following age groups: 0-19, 20-24. 25-29, 30-34. 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and up.
Information for University parking can be at the link below. There will not be parking on Peabody drive or at the ARC parking lot.
Transition located on the west side of the ARC. Transition setup will be open between 6:15 and 7:30 on the morning of the race. There will be a pre-race meeting at 7:45 AM. Restrooms for participants will be available on the concourse level of the ARC.
Bike Course Directions:
- Exit transition onto 1st Street, southbound
- Left on Curtis Rd, eastbound
- Right onto Race, southbound
- Left on Old Church Road, eastbound
- Turn Around before County Rd 1600 E, westbound on Old Church Road
- Right on Race, northbound
- Left on Windsor, westbound
- Right on first into transition, northbound
- Run out of transition going east on Peabody
- North on 4th
- East on Gregory
- South on 6th
- racers enter the University of Illinois quad run through the heart of campus (look on maps to see run course)
- Racers then get back onto Pennsylvania going west
- North on 4th again to a quick finish on Peabody drive into the finish shoot in front of the ARC.
Additional race maps are available here.
Tri-The-Illini couldn't happen without all the help we get from volunteers! Volunteers will be given breakfast and a volunteer T-shirt on race morning. To sign up, submit an online form here. Volunteers will be required to check in at 7:00 A.M. race morning, in multipurpose room 7 at the ARC. This is where volunteers will receive their T-shirt and breakfast.
Interactive map of the ARC: